Here are 10 things that I need more of in the coming year
1. Well played cellos. It is by far my favorite instrument.
2. Woods in the winter before the snow, when the trees are all bony and stark and look like crooked fingers scraping the sky.
3. Tea. Because tea is perfect.
4. Dusty old libraries to get lost in
5. Hot air balloon rides. I’ve never had one. I think it’s time.
6. Real books. With secrets that smell all musty.
7. Travels – plane rides to places with languages I don’t speak, winding streets, new sunsets, new music, new food, and train rides over new land.
8. My Muse to go off through the desert and come back with trunk-fulls of scarves and skulls and teeth and magic crystals and secret letters and yellow stained paper and lanterns and masks and ink-stained maps and keys and clocks and quills and then she lets me write it all down.
9. Cold cold nights filled with a million stars.
10. And finally – Joy. 2012 had joy but also a lot of sorrow. I understand it’s a roll of the dice but while we’re making a list, while we’re asking, I’d like more joy. It doesn’t hurt to ask right?
Happy Holidays, Friends. And Happy New Year.
And if I can’t have those ten things, I’ll take Peace.
Peace of Mind
a Nation at Peace
I’ll take any of those.